Luna’s Distributed Temperature and Strain Sensing Software, when combined with the Optical Backscatter Reflectometerâ„¢ (OBR), transforms your standard telecom-grade fiber into a high spatial-resolution strain and temperature sensor.
The OBR uses swept wavelength interferometry (SWI) to measure the Rayleigh backscatter as a function of length in optical fiber with high spatial resolution. An external stimulus (like a strain or temperature change) causes temporal and spectral shifts in the local Rayleigh backscatter pattern. The OBR measures these shifts and scales them to give a distributed temperature or strain measurement. The SWI approach enables robust and practical distributed temperature and strain measurements in optical fiber with sub-centimeter-scale spatial resolution up to 70 meters of fiber with strain and temperature resolution as fine as 1 Âµstrain and 0.1 Â°C.
- Use standard telecom-grade fiber. No more expensive specialty fibers needed for measurements.
- Highly distributed fiber sensing for strain and temperature
- Very high spatial resolution: down to 2 mm
- Measurement rangeÂ up to 70 meters
- Â Â± 0.1Â°C ,Â Â± 1Âµ strain resolution at 1 cm
- High speed â€“ five second acquisition times at high resolution
- Find high operational temperatures that degrade lifetime or performance of components
- Determine if strain induced during installation exceeds safe threshold
- Look for long-term strain concentrations that threaten fiber integrity
|Â||ODiSI A||The ODiSI A series is Luna’s state-of -the- art instrument for measuring distributed temperature and strain, using optical fiber as the sensor||ODiSI AÂ Data Sheet|
|ODiSI B||The ODiSI B offers an industry-leading combination of measurement, speed, range and repeatability with extraordinary spatial resolution.||ODiSI B Data Sheet|
|OBR 4600||The OBR 4600 is a high-resolution reflectometer designed for component and short-run network testing and troubleshooting with an option for integrated temperature and strain sensing.||OBR 4600 Data Sheet|